Thursday, April 21, 2016

Ending of the Beginning


Wow. Today was our last day of class at Link Year and I am so sad yet deeply appreciative of this time that I’ve had this year. This being the last day of class and nearing the end of our time here I just wanted to reflect and share a little about what God has been doing in my life these past 8 months.

When I came to Link I was callous, my heart was hardened to the gospel, and I was completely enveloped in a world of self-righteousness. Before I came to Link I assumed that when I got here I would be gaining biblical knowledge and perhaps growing in my relationship with the Lord in that, and I was excited for it. How did that affect me before I came to Link? I didn’t read my bible on my own, I never prayed or really made any efforts to have a relationship with the Lord. I didn’t feel conviction over my sin because none of my sin seemed “that bad”. (Hint, pride comes before the fall). So coming into Link I really didn’t think I needed it here, I just knew that I didn’t know what I was supposed to do and that this is a good option to meet cool people and learn more about the Bible.

Oh my goodness did the Lord humble me. When I first came here I honestly took in all of the information and yet meditated on none of it and took none of it to heart. However a couple of months in I started to daily get into the word and begin to pray for the first time in my life. Months go by, around Christmas-time I saw the Lord begin to transform my heart. Daily I would ask for the Lord to soften my heart and give me one that desired him and desired to love his people. Praying Ezekiel 36:26, “And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.” and Psalm 51 was huge in my life and it was seriously insane to see how God has taken my hard heart and changed me. Where I used to ignore meeting new people because I didn’t really care about them, now I love to make new relationships and hear how God is moving in others lives. Where I was formerly enslaved to living an apathetic life of mediocre Christian religion, I can now run towards the cross as a follower of Christ. Not being held back by the ways of the world but being armed with a greater knowledge of my faith, biblical community to support and challenge me in every way, and a desire to serve and follow the Lord for the rest of my life.


Link Year has been the most amazing experience and I can’t ever describe fully how much the people here mean to me or how much of an impact they have had on me this year, but I know that the friendships made here have truly been sharpening and uplifting in every way and wow am I so thankful for it. Looking back, I know there are so many things that I could have done differently but I have no regret for it because I know that the Lord has been working in my life in so many ways and it all has led to the person I am today and will continue to grow to be. I’m so thankful for every person who has contributed to helping me grow this year and everyone who has supported me being here at Link. Y’all are amazing and I can’t ever say thank you enough.

1 comment:

  1. I never read this until now and I just wanted to say that you and I went through an extremely similar change while at Link Year. I came in almost exactly like you described and I was transformed in similar ways! How incredible our Lord is!!! Love you Caroline!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete