Thursday, October 8, 2015

a brief week overview


I don’t even know what week of Link Year this is so I’m not even going to try! What a week! This past weekend I went to Denver and got to see my awesome boyfriend, Hunter which was super busy and crazy and fun and I could talk about it for hours so I’ll spare y’all, but that ended last week/ started this week off incredibly well. I got to hang out with my awesome small group, accountability partners, and participate in a group Bible study about submission to authority. Then in class this week spoke about managing our time, managing our self, and managing money. This was super awesome as I am a hugeeeee procrastinator myself and needed to hear the biblical reasoning’s behind how to properly manage my time and money, as well as how to really live a healthy lifestyle that honors how God has called us as Christians to live. It was a super practical week but the most I got out of it was that I saw how all of these seemingly “legalistic” practices were all backed up by scripture and will help us further the kingdom of heaven in multiple ways. None of these things we learned about is particularly easy and they require self discipline, but Christ has called us to that and it is our job as Christians to be good stewards of that with which he has given to us (as a gift, none of this is truly ours anyways). Tonight we had family dinner, where you either go to a Kanakuk familiy’s house and they make you a meal, or you eat in the dining hall as a big family. I am so blessed to have an awesome group and we got to participate in awesome fellowship together and I’m already so excited to see what God is going to do throughout this year through them. Following that, we went to a college ministry here called “The Fort”, here in Branson at Woodland Hills Family Church. Every week God continues to show himself to me in different ways and this always happens to be one, bringing His followers, his lost sheep back to him in the most loving way possible. Anyways, this week has been super busy, so I just figured I would give a good overview of what a normal week here looks like and kind of stray away from speaking on one single topic. Anyways, if y’all have any questions, let me know for sure. Love y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment