Thursday, October 29, 2015

I'm a mess but deeply loved.


Hey y'all! Weekly Review!! The overarching message of this week at Link Year was clear. “I am a mess, but deeply loved by God and because of that I am able to be transformed by His grace.” B.J. Thompson came this week and brought a strong and defined message that made it obvious about the transforming power of the gospel. A lot of different things stood out to me but these 3 concepts that we are 1)a mess, 2)deeply loved, and 3)able to receive grace through those is so powerful. BJ talked about how until we not only accept, but embrace, the fact that we are a mess we will truly never be able to have authentic community. This fact kind of stuck to me because a lot of times we try to have our lives put together and this just creates a cycle of facades and people who are trying to live up to performance standards that they won’t be able to add up to. Another thing on community that BJ touched on was that since we as humans are hardwired for relationships we are always going to be wanting community, but until we are able to say that we are a mess, that we are a broken and lost people, we wont be able to engage in this authentic community that we have been designed for. This was cool for me to hear because sometimes as a girl in a Christian community like Link Year it is natural for me to act like I have it all together, that all of my friendships are super solid, that I have all of my schoolwork balanced out, etc., when in all actuality its not. This concept that it is “okay to not be okay” is a little scary to embrace at times but I think it could potentially change the way we see community and the way we see ourselves. Its okay if youre screwed up and you messed up with everything that you did this week, God is still there and He still loves us more than we could imagine. Take heart this week friends, and remember the transforming power of the grace of God. Love y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment