Thursday, October 15, 2015

Not okay, but that's okay


Hey friends! Weekly update, yay! If I could have one word to describe this week it would be exhausted. Physically, spiritually and emotionally. I’m not saying this to get pity or sympathy, but to emphasize the point that we hear at Link a lot: “It’s okay to not be okay.” There are a bunch of things that go into this but mainly its been so cool to see how God is forming and shaping everyone here, including me. One of the pillars we have here at Link Year is Heart Transformation and I am here to say that Heart Transformation is taking place here in Branson, Missouri. Psalm 51:7-8 says “Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones that you have broken rejoice.” Did y’all catch what that says? Let the bones that you have broken rejoice? Why would I rejoice in being broken? David first asks that he can be clean, whiter than snow, which brings about joy and gladness in the purity that only Christ can bring. David understands that he will first have to be broken, shaped and mended, into the man that God designed him to be. This passage in Scripture is why I can look at a really crappy week and see good. I can see joy even in death; I can see contentment even when the situation kinda sucks. Heart transformation is so cool, and God is using every situation here at Link Year to break us of our pride, entitlement, arrogance, or anything that is keeping us from Him- and shape is into what He desired for us to be. It doesn’t’ always feel good, and it really isn’t fun, but it is so so rewarding. So my encouragement for the week is that an omniscient Creator, carefully seeing your needs and where he can shape and grow you even more, has placed the bad or frustrating situations in your life for a purpose. For example, I have a hard time trusting God with all aspects of my life. I am quick to pray about my spiritual life, and pray for my friends, family, boyfriend, etc., but do I pray about my homework? My ability to balance classes and sleep? I have put a lot on my plate (not that much but I’m bad at time management) and I have been drowning in it. I am quick to complain about my work and how it sucks that I have to take classes, or stay up later because I have school stuff, and after a couple weeks of my time managing me, rather than me managing my time, I just prayed. I prayed for dependence on God and His timing and that I would stop to stress about it and trust Him. And then the coolest thing happened, I had time. Through the situations that we get frustrated or worn down in, God is shaping us and teaching us. In my case, God was teaching me dependency and the importance of trust (which I’m still learning). Take a step back and look at what’s been overwhelming you this week, or maybe just look at the trials you’ve encountered this week and try to see how God is moving in your life. Thanks for reading y’all! Y’all are awesome. Sorry I didn’t talk about our speaker, he was awesome and I probably will talk about him next week. Anyways, sorry if this was wordy, love all of y’all! As always, if there are any questions about what I’m talking about please ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment